You are unlikely to cure compulsive eating
by willpower alone.
You are not alone. We can help you.
Are you Overweight?
Many people attempt to cope with
unpleasant feelings and difficult relationships by eating, and may be diagnosed as
overweight, obese or as having an eating disorder. Eating disorders can be deadly
- some are associated with a 10-15% mortality rate and a 20-25% suicide rate.
Your eating habits reflect your lifestyle and relationships.
Unhealthy eating habits probably reflect unpleasant feelings and emotions.
Do you want to be attractive, confident and healthy? We offer solutions for
emotional problems and relationship problems that so often underlie eating
Do you react to relationship stress or boredom by overeating? Compulsive
eating is a serious eating disorder that may be related to
relationship bonds etc.
Body weight often communicates what people do not or cannot
communicate in other ways.
In Western cultures, to be fat can imply greed, laziness and
unhealthiness, and many overweight people feel like social outcasts.
Compulsive eating may be shown by:
- You cannot stop eating
- You avoid exercise and activity
- You know that you are overweight
- Diabetes or pre-diabetic syndrome
- Fear of being too thin
- Endless self-criticism
- Endless internal conflict
- Poor intimate relationships
Solutions for Compulsive Overeating
- Hospital, if your physical condition is
- Nutritional counseling can help you design healthy
- Individual coaching can help you find healthy
ways to manage your life
- Systems coaching can help you manage your
relationships and emotions
- Psychiatric medication may help you control clinical depression
Individual and Couple Coaching
We can help you to shift the balance of your life. We can help you set your agenda,
choose your goals, and provide the material for the changes that you want. We can
help you ...
- end inner conflict
- improve your relationships
- end relationship
- choose and clarify your life goals
- recover and align with your sense of life
- change relationship bonds, abuse and trauma
- repair toxic mentorship (therapy
damage) and find inspiration
. Couple Coaching
Weight issues seem to reflect both medical and
psychosocial issues. Some medical factors involved in obesity include:
- food sensitivities and allergies
- lack of exercise, little physical activity
- sluggish metabolism (low metabolic rate)
- too much refined and processed food (fast
- chemical toxins (food additives, hormones,
- nutritional deficiencies (insufficient
vitamins and minerals etc)
- medications (antidepressants, blood pressure
drugs, steroids etc)
- insulin or other hormonal unbalances, such as
in diabetes, hypothyroidism
After my father killed himself,
I couldn't stop eating ... I missed him ... I felt like part of me
was dead too ... and I felt so guilty. You helped me set him free
... and me free - I can live my own life again.
Emotional Factors are Relationship Issues
Emotional and relationship factors involved in overweight
and obesity include:
- I want to not feel empty
- I want to punish myself
- I want to repel certain people
- I want to not feel certain emotions
- I want to feel loved (like I did as a child)
- The taste / texture / full-feeling makes me
Contact us to manage negative emotions and solve
problems that lead to weight problems and obesity.
Solutions for Compulsive Eating
You may eat to try to control
anxiety, relationship stressors, boredom,
prolonged dieting and dissatisfaction with your body. Appropriate solutions
require that you recognize the causes:
Compulsive eating may temporarily relieve unpleasant
feelings, but relief may be followed by feeling
depression. You may feel in
constant conflict and unhappy. You try new diets hoping that food can
cure an emotional compulsion. You may lose some weight temporarily, but
you will probably regain your lost weight - and maybe more. See
Do you eat normally with others and overeat in private
later? Do you overeat late at night or in fast food restaurants?
Have you hidden secret supplies of junk food or candy
around your home or office?
I was always hungry. I just couldn't
stop eating. I failed every diet. Eating was the only way I could stop
feeling empty - since my divorce I became very overweight. Your coaching
helped me find myself - now I look good again! Croatia
Medical complications from compulsive eating include
diabetes, hypertension and heart problems.
Some people try extreme remedies for this conflict by having their
jaws wired to prevent eating or parts of their intestines removed to
prevent digestion. There are easier ways ...
Consult a physician about opinions
about eating disorders
and other medical conditions.
Online Coaching, Counseling & Soulwork Therapy
I thought you were just
another therapist - but you were not just. Not even. Not only.
Plagiarism is theft. Copyright Martyn Carruthers
1999-2017 All rights reserved.